Step 7) How to Compose your Music – Part 25
Repetitive listening to your song works
Re-listening to your song at random times over a week or two, takes advantage of the fact that you may be feeling or thinking differently each time.
Listening to it as though you have never heard it before is key, and it also may surprise you how much easier it makes the process of simplifying and refining it, and do that until you reach that point where you KNOW WITH CERTAINTY your song is just the way you want it to be.
1) Simply listen to your song multiple times over a period of a week or two, whenever you think of it or feel like it.
2) Make any changes or refinements as you see the need.
3) Keep listening to your song until you reach that point when you are certain it is just the way you want, and you feel no need to think about it anymore. It is complete.
4) Pick another song of yours and repeat steps 1) – 3) above.
5) Keep repeating the above steps until you know you can do it.